Feb 2, 2021
Due to the newer strains getting through the single-layer cloth masks we are asking clients to either wear an N95 mask or some type of double-layer mask when coming to the clinic. This means a cloth mask with a filter; a disposable hospital grade (accordion style) over a cloth mask; any other variation of a double mask. We apologize for the added inconvenience but we have kept clients and therapists safe thus far and plan on continuing so!
Thank you for all of your help in this. If you have any questions please let us know.
Aug 1, 2020
We are so pleased that we were able to reopen our doors on August 1st.
Because our client’s and employees’ safety and well being are our constant priority here is a summary of the new procedures and protocols for our clinic.
Here is what to expect moving forward for your appointments.
- We have disabled online scheduling for a while to see how the new schedule works out and give us the flexibility to make any adjustments. You can email us at email@example.com or contact us through our website to make an appointment. You can also call the office number at 206-244-7973.
- We will be sending out an email before each appointment reminding you of your appointment day and time with a short questionnaire for a COVID-19 screening.
- Masks will be required at all times while you are in the clinic.
- Social distancing will be done at all times outside of the treatment rooms.
- We will be keeping our clinic door locked to be in complete control of who comes in. We want to ensure that no one comes in without the required screening protocol.
- We are asking people to stay in their cars until one of us comes out to get you. If, for some reason, we do not come out in time please knock on the door.
- Before entering the clinic we will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer, ask the screening questions, check to make sure you are wearing a mask (we will have one for you if you forget yours) and use hand sanitizer before entering the clinic.
- We are doing our best to stagger appointments to keep one client at a time in the lobby.
- There are touchless hand sanitizers outside of each room to be used before entering and after each treatment.
Our safety procedures will include but are not limited to:
- Therapists will be wearing all of or a combination of face mask, goggles, face shield, gloves (their choice), and aprons. These will be sanitized and or changed between all treatments.
- Treatment room doors will be left open (a small amount) for proper air circulation due to the duration of the appointments and the small square footage of each room. If both the therapist and client agree this can be changed. We will keep HIPAA intact at all times!
- Each room will have a fan circulating air out.
- Each room will have an air filter. Heating and cooling vents will be sealed.
- After your session, all surfaces, including tables and face cradles will be cleaned with a disinfectant containing at least 75% alcohol as required. We will have adequate time to do a thorough sanitizing before the next client is allowed in the clinic. For this reason, we ask that clients make their time in the waiting room as short as possible.
In trying to keep prices down while incurring the significant increase in cost due to operating with PPE requirements we can no longer extend the discount on prepaid gift certificates. We know that this is both an inconvenience as far as payment is concerned and an added cost. We will be offering a free massage following the 10th treatment to show our appreciation for your loyalty and support. We will work the details out in the next couple of weeks. We will of course honor all current gift certificates.
We look forward to the time when we can operate without most of these precautions. In the meantime, we will make the best of the situation and do our part in moving through this in a safe, healthy way. We appreciate your diligence in maintaining the well being of all.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.